Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Consignment shops and sales

This weekend I headed to one of my favorite consignment sales - it happens twice a year and they always have great stuff for the kids. I've gotten a kitchen, a tool bench, TONS of clothes, shoes, and the list goes on. We all know that babies and kids go through things so quickly that often used clothes are just as nice as brand new clothes and for a fraction of the cost. I personally adore Gymboree clothes but I do not adore their prices. In fact I rarely ever buy anything from their stores because I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on one outfit. So at consignment sales and stores I am always excited to find Gymboree outfits going for $5 - $8 for entire sets including bows, or tights. That is a fraction of the price I would pay in the actually store and no one is going to know the difference. I also regularly shop in consignment stores such as Once Upon A Child as they not only have great prices but they also run great sales. My mother-in-law works at a small local consignment shop so my children regularly get outfits from her store. She knows my love for Gymboree so she regularly brings M Girl outfits that she bought at her store for $8 - $10. Have you noticed I don't like to pay full price for much of anything? Call me cheap or call me thrifty. But I will tell you, no one knows the difference! My children are always dressed to the T in outfits that cost at least half the price. If you haven't tried at a consignment shop I highly reccomend it. There are some great stores out there that carry name brands for a fraction of the cost. Here are some of our weekend finds on MGirl and CMan:




Would you really know the difference?

1 comment: