Traveling can be down right expensive. The gas for the car, the snacks and meals on the road, buying the things you forgot to pack, and the list goes on.
So how can you effectively and cost efficiently pack?
Here are a few tips:
1. Be prepared! You know you are going on a trip so why not prepare by buying snacks ahead of time when they are on sale. Small packages of snack here $1.00 on the road probably over $3.00. Drinks are the same way - have you ever bought a single serving of milk on the road?? They are almost the same price as an entire gallon in your local grocery store. So buy a single serving from the grocery store (.99) and pack a jug to refill that same bottle! So much more cost efficient.
2. Make a list. In order to ensure you have everything you need and don't have to go out and pay an astronomical amount for something you really do need - make a list ahead of time and double check it to be sure you have everything. Plan for little illnesses and accidents by packing small sizes of medicines and band-aids (free samples are great for this!).
3. Bring the toys from the bottom of the toy box. Your child will think they are brand new as when was the last time they dug to the bottom? And your wallet will thank you for not purchasing something new just to keep them entertained.
4. Pack your meals and have a picnic.
5. Take a little bit of cash with you. You really just might need that large cup of coffee after a few hours on the road with the little ones. And swiping your card is just all too easy to overspend. So allocate a little cash to spend on the road and don't let yourself go over that amount.
Road trips don't have to break the bank! Plan ahead and it will be totally worth it!