Friday, October 15, 2010

Frugality Runs in the Family



So my Gran sent me this picture - she lives in sunny Florida so yes she still has flowers in October. But anyways she was on the search for a decent priced large pot and was shocked by the ridiculous cost of decorative flower pots.

So in all her frugal glory she found this bin at Walmart (lots of colors available) and turned it into a flower pot. Another option would be to use the canvas totes that also sell at Walmart.

My Gran just filled the bottom with packing peanuts and then potting soil followed by the flowers. You could punch holes through the bottom to help with the drainage if you want.

I think they look great although of course I'm highly jealous that she still has flowers in October.

Great job Gran and thanks for sharing!!!

Do you have a frugal project you would like to share? Send me an email and I'll share it with the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment